I’m back from 3 weeks in Houston!
It was filled with lots of time with family and friends, which was nice. Highlights include:
- Living with Dru again, this time at Kiam House
- Giant Rice Krispie Treat of my dreams
- Chick-Fil-A three times
- Gorls dinner at Underbelly
- A-Trak, whose opening DJ was a Tejano DJ. Who played Tejano music. Only in Texas….
- Annual Family Wine Party
- Partying in Chinatown (why is this a thing now?)
- Dinner with high school friends and seeing both of their new babbys. I LOVE THEM.
- Etro, the site of my favorite DJ at my favorite bar/club, three times
- Veal lengua at Poscol with Brenda
- DANCE PARTY
- Staying up until 4AM watching the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice with Dru (Mr. Darcy!)
- Dinner with Karine at Oxheart
- Lights All Nights (esp. Gareth Emerty and Calvin Harris)
- WTC lunch at The Pass & Provisions
Photos of family and friends:
Three weeks is a long time to spend not sleeping in your own bed, especially since Husband had to go back to Seattle a week before I did, due to his work schedule. It’s weird to feel homesick when you’re technically already “home,” but I actually started missing Seattle’s dreary rain. Although, I should remind myself that it has looked like 8pm for the past 72 consecutive hours.
Nonetheless, though I do readily call Seattle “home” now, Houston is always “home base.” It’s feels like we never left, each time we come back, and that’s always a little comforting. Also, my mom told me I have to move back soon and to “gimme dat baby.” Rest assured, having “dat baby” is not one of my 2013 resolutions. Drinking more water is.
New restaurants popping up in Houston as of late, so expect some restaurant posts soon! Will be posting one later today as my penance for not updating for 3 weeks. @_@
09 January 2013 by phi style | Categories: outfits | tags: houston, life | 3 comments